Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The Past Few Weeks in Review

So life has been slightly busy the past few days. Here is a quick update on life:
  • I got a job at TexasBank as a teller. It's been interesting to say the least. I've had to learn a ton of information in a short period, but I'm getting the hang of it.
  • I trying to get used to working again. The four months off were nice, but the balance of my bank account and credit card debt were not very pretty to look at, so I had to enter the workforce again.
  • Last weekend I pulled off a awesome surprise on Kaylen by coming to spend the weekend in Denton with her. She was pretty freaked out when I showed up, but really happy to see me.
  • We spent the weekend hanging out, moving some furniture into her new house, and doing some shopping. I had an awesome time and it was really hard to leave. Needless to say Jeff Johnson's "Glorious Day" was playing pretty loud as I left to remind me that what I was doing was what God wanted.
  • Kaylen and I are defiantly feeling the impact of a long distance relationship, even though it's only been about a month. We are learning to rely on God because this is hard. We both keep reminding each other that this is where God wants us and that He is going to do incredible things through us. Pray that we find strength in him to endure this.
  • School starts for me in about two weeks. I can honestly say for the first time in my life that I am excited for school to start. I know that God is going to use this experience in my life to teach me and use me in His Kingdom work.

Father,

Be with Kaylen and I as we go through this situation. Help us to rely on you. Help us to enjoy the time we do get to spend with each other. Teach us and use us for your glory. Your hand is evident in our lives. Bring people into our lives that need you, Father.

2 comments:

Nic Burleson said...

Praying for you guys bro!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.