Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update on Life

Sorry about the blogging silence. I've been busy, and well when all you do is work, there is not really a ton to blog about. Here is a quick update on what has been up with me the past few days/weeks:


  • Got to go home and celebrate my dad's birthday. I have been blessed beyond measure with an awesome family, but specifically with a amazing Godly father. He is a great example of how a Godly man should lead his life. I hope to be the kind of dad he is when I have children.
  • Work has been pretty steady. I'm getting the hang of this teller thing. A few mess up here and there, but it's not bad. Get to work with some cool people and sit around when there is nothing to do. You can't beat that!
  • I got to hang out with my amazing girlfriend for a few days this past week/weekend. We really did absolutely nothing but sit around and watch the Olympics, but it was great to get to see her and spend time with her.
  • Tuesday I started classes. I'll admit, I wasn't exactly ready for summer to end, but I am ready to be done with school, so you have to start some time. It has defiantly been an adventure and I know that this is just the beginning of the journey. I'm excited to see what God is going to do in this time. I've never really been one to look forward to or enjoy school and I'm still not entirely enthralled about it, but it is becoming increasingly interesting and I know that what I am doing has a purpose, which helps immensely.

Father,

I thank you for the gifts that you have given me. For the family that I have been blessed to have, for the support that they give, and the love they have for me. I thank you for my relationship with Kaylen. She is an amazing Godly woman, one that I do not deserve to have in my life. I pray that you will strengthen her and give her a peace in our time apart, and that we will learn to enjoy the time that we do get to spend together. I thank you for the Godly men and women in my life that I am blessed to call friends. They have had such a HUGE impact on my life and I don't know where I would be without them. God, I pray that you use me. Be with me and show me what you want with me. Mold and shape me into the man you would have me to be. Shine through me. Allow me to be the vessel you use to reach the nations. I love you Father.

No comments: