Thursday, August 07, 2008

Are You Ready For Some Football?!?!

So I just finished watching my first pre-season football game, and besides reminding me that I absolutely hate the pre-season, it got me pumped about the upcoming season. I really love football season. From Friday nights all the way to the Monday night game, it makes this time of year one of the best. Here some things I get excited about:
  1. Watching the NFL. I'll admit I'm not a die-hard NFL fan, but I do love the Cowboys and am excited about what is going to happen with them this year.
  2. Friday Night Lights. How can you live in this great state and not enjoy a Friday night watching a little high school ball? I can't wait to visit some stadium and watch some great games.
  3. My Longhorns. Probably the team I am most passionate about. I love watching these guys play. I am usually on pins and needles while they are playing and have shed a few tears after some tough losses. I can't wait to see when that player who used to play in a town near Abilene (#12) screws up so they can put Chiles in. I can't wait to be glued to the TV watching every play.
  4. Lastly, and this ties in with #3, I can't wait for College Football. I love watching football on Saturday. Watching players who don't get paid, don't have giant endorsement deals, but for the most part are playing the game for the love of playing it. They are going out and laying it on the line every Saturday because they love the game. I can't wait to see the mess the BCS creates this year and who will be in and out of the polls all season long.

2 comments:

Nic Burleson said...

If I were ranking my order of how much I like to watch the various levels its definitely High School, then college, then NFL a very, very distant third. I really could care less except for I guess it IS football, so...

JCo said...

dude...forget what nic says...the Cowboys are going all the way this year! But a great post about football overall buddy.