Saturday, May 24, 2008

Nothing like home...I guess

It's been an interesting week. I got some good news on Thursday. Howard Payne finally got all my paper work, so I'm officially in the system now. I signed up for my summer classes and am already dreading them all. The family and I went out to lake Brownwood to celebrate some birthdays, which was a great excuse for me to go fishing. I came down to Goldthwaite Friday night and will be here until next Saturday. I'll be honest I'm not really looking forward to spending all week here, but it will give me a chance to catch up on some reading I've been wanting to do and see my family before I start all the stuff I'm doing this summer.

I'm really excited to see that some of my friends have entered the blogging world and can't wait to see what ideas/topics/random stuff comes from them as the days go by. You should check out their pages as well in my links column. Pray for them as they go through their daily struggles and that they would live their lives, not for themselves, but for Christ.

Kaylen and I have started doing a devotional together. It was recommended by some awesome friends. It's been an interesting experience thus far and I'm very excited to see what God has in store for us as we move down this journey together. Pray for us that we can learn and grow closer to God together.

The past couple of weeks have been stressful and the events of this last week really relieved some of that pressure but I know that there is more to come. I've really come to understand just how much I've been blessed to have the friends and family that I have. Pray that God continues to use me and that I allow myself to be used.

1 comment:

Nic Burleson said...

Sting Em Jackets!