Monday, May 19, 2008

It's all part of the plan!!

As I sit in an Arkansas hotel room and try to come up with a cool title for this blog (like the big time bloggers [not you nic]), I feel very anxious. I've been in the car for about 8 hours the last two days and have another 5 to go in the morning. I got to see an interesting part of my family (I keep reminding myself I'm in Arkansas), and attend the most unusual funeral service I've ever been to in my life. After lunch today, I made my daily call to Howard Payne to see if maybe, just maybe, today will be the day that they get all my transcripts and we can move forward in the process with them. I'm ready to be back in Denton, to rest in my own bed, to spend some time with Kaylen, to see my friends, to get out of the car, to go on vacation with my family, to go fishing, to find out what next year is going to look like. As I examine all of this spinning in my head, I realize that "I'm ready" and "I'm getting frustrated" are common themes in everything that is going on with me lately.

"He has made everything beautiful in his time" Ecc. 3:11

Father,
Help me to realize that things don't run on my schedule. Help me to see that you have made things beautiful in your time and not mine. Give me patience and understanding in this mess that I call a life. Amen.

1 comment:

Nic Burleson said...

First of all, not cool with your little comment about me. Second of all, "interesting" is a very nice way to describe any family members in Arkansas...I had some there too so I know exactly what "interesting" means...