Sunday, June 08, 2008

Would You Pray for Me?

Just a simple question it might seem, but as I look at my life (usually a hard, long look), I see that my prayer life SUCKS! Kaylen and I have just finished up our third week of doing a devotional together and this past week we were focusing in on Prayer. I have to say that this week has been very challenging for me. I found out that I'm not very disciplined when it comes to prayer and very frankly it's become a challenge for me. I try, but I feel myself moving into a state of checklist Christianity, which is almost the complete opposite of where I want to be with God. I'll be honest here: this is hard! Straight up hard for me! I want to be real with God, and he wants that from me, but I'm not always there.

Father,
Crack me! Break me! Consume me! Burn me! Mold and Shape me!
I am nothing.....completely and utterly nothing......without you. Help me to realize this God.
Show me Father, how to discipline myself. Lead me to that Deep, Intimate, Love relationship with you again. Make me long for you Lord. Make me hunger and thirst for you.
Amen.

No comments: