Friday, October 03, 2008

Weekend Review...a week late!

I'm trying to be slightly more regular with my blogging, but it's been a crazy week and I haven't had time to update on the past weekend. So here we go:

  • Went to work Friday afternoon, which is usually crazy at the bank, and then grabbed some food and prepared to make the long drive to Denton. It always seems like a really long time in the car, even if your an experienced veteran like myself.
  • Got up on Saturday morning (freaking early) and got to go serve with some of my friends as Overflow ministries join up with the city of Denton in an effort to clean up some of the local waterways, which means we picked up trash out of a creek. Needless to say, it was amazing to see what God is doing with that ministry. There are some amazing people involved, who really understand what it means to serve a God bigger than any of them could imagine. I love being able to go back and see what God is doing and being able to serve right alongside these people is awesome.
  • Saturday afternoon was spent lounging around, helping Kaylen do some dishes, and most importantly watching The Horns absolutely dominate Arkansas. I love watching college football. It can make any day even better.
  • Saturday Night was spent celebrating a birthday of a very Godly guy and close friend. A group of us traveled to Ft. Worth to enjoy some great Posados Mexican Restaurant. Can't beat Mexican food!!
  • Sunday morning, Kaylen and I joined a couple friends and went to Fellowship Church. I'll be honest, this could be a blog by itself, so I'll keep it brief by saying, "I won't be back."
  • Sunday afternoon I spent doing laundry and doing a little more lounging around. It was good to spend some time with Kaylen. I really miss her so every chance we get to just hang out, we usually take it.
  • Sunday night I stayed around so I could attend the Sunday night service at FBCD, Overflow: The Gathering. I really enjoyed being back and hearing from Scott. He is a great communicator of the Word and I really believe God is using him in big ways there in Denton. Worship was amazing as usual. Kaleb and The Starks did a great job of leading the group into worship and are defiantly a group of guys who use their musical talents for the glory of God.
  • Leaving was really hard. I'll admit there were a few teary eyes, and a few hugs/sandwiches given. I really miss those guys. I miss doing life with such a Godly group of men and women.
  • I then may the drive back, getting back about 1 AM, which made for a long Monday.

That about wraps up my trip this past weekend. Be praying for Overflow ministries and the people that are involved in them. Pray that God would use them to reach not only the campuses of UNT and TWU, but the city of Denton as well.

No comments: