Thursday, October 23, 2008

If you say Go, I will go....maybe

So I've been doing some research for a couple of my classes and thought I would share some stuff I found.
  • Ever had that tugging on your heart for the nations. Ever thought that you would love to go serve lost people overseas or even hear in the states, but have no idea where to even begin. Ever thought that only if you didn't have to give up a few months of your schedule. Ever thought that mission work would be interesting, but it doesn't really fit in with your job or skill set. Well the people at RightNow may have an answer for you. Here you can freely use their program to find the right spot for you. You can select the country or area you want to serve in, the organization that you want to go with, the time frame that you have to serve, and also the different skill set that you have such as business, church planting, or even a passion for sports. RightNow then takes this information and instantly gives you agencies that need help from someone like you.
  • Here is a few facts on unreached people groups I found here. There are approximetly 16,451 people groups in our world. Of those groups, 39% (6,412) consider themselves Christian, whereas 6,850 are considered to be unreached. And for me this is one of the most shocking stats: Of the 236 countries in the world, 169 (72%) are considered to be Christian, yet there are almost 7,ooo people groups who are unreached.

Just a few things that I've been looking at the past few days and thought it might make you think. Pray for the nations.

No comments: