Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Impact Weekend Review

Here is a quick review of Impact weekend at The Connection Church.

  • Got to hang out with some of the coolest high school guys around. No, seriously, I've hung out with a lot of students and these guys had it going on. We had some great conversations and I know that God has a huge plan for each one of them.
  • Friday night we played/supervised/stood around during one of the most unorganized games of capture the flag ever, but the students had a blast, and my group helped win, so it all worked out.
  • Taught 3 sessions on Love. I'm probably the worst DNOW leader, but God moved and the guys heard what HE wanted to teach them.
  • Saturday afternoon learned my way around Kyle, TX as we took part in a scavenger hunt. I think we got screwed, but we did our fair share of cheating, so no hard feelings.
  • Saturday Night Nic Burleson BROUGHT it as he shared with the students in an old train car downtown.
  • Sunday morning we got to see people being baptized outside of the PAC in a portable baptistery. After the second service, one of my students got baptized, which was awesome!!
  • The people serving students at TCC are UNBELIEVABLE!!!! These people have a true understanding of what it means to love God and people. They pour everything they have into those students!!
  • I was blessed to stay with the Barnes family. They have an amazing house, and incredible faith to open it up to a bunch of high school guys for the weekend!

I had a great time helping out. I couldn't be more blessed to be able to serve with such an awesome team for the weekend, but more importantly almost forty students found out just how much God loves them.

Father,

I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve this past weekend. I know that you moved among your people and that lives were changed. I pray that the things that you taught these students and the commitments that they made will stick. Help them to see that you don't just love them because they have done something, but that you love them unconditionally and that love is poured out freely. I pray that you would help them to share that passion that they have for you with their friends. I want to thank you for the people that you have placed in Kyle that are working with these students. It was amazing to see the work being done. These guys really have a heart for you and care about the students they are working with. I pray that you would continue to use them, and not let them get down because of hard times that come their way. God I thank you for what you are doing through The Connection Church. People are finding Christ and seeing your love for them. I pray that you would continue to move among your people.

No comments: